In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Naveen discuss:
- The importance of doing good and thinking about why you do something, not just focusing on the money.
- Creating a mindset of abundance instead of an abundance of scarcity.
- People want to buy into a vision, not a product or service.
- Getting comfortable with making decisions and trying new things without fear of failure.
- Get comfortable with being wrong. Get comfortable with the idea that not every idea will work. Failure only happens when you give up.
- Do things that you actually care about, then everything else will fall in place. Don’t just focus on money, you won’t get it that way.
- How you look at the problem will define what the solution will be.
- It’s not about thinking outside the box. It’s about thinking from a different box altogether.
“If you can find a product, a solution, that is somehow going to help a billion people, there’s no doubt in my mind you can create an amazing enterprise from it. The reason is, that doing good and doing well are not mutually exclusive. The best way to do well is to do good. And the best way to do good is to do well.” — Naveen Jain
About Naveen Jain: Naveen Jain is an entrepreneur driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges through innovation. He is the founder of several successful companies including Moon Express, Viome, Bluedot, TalentWise, Intelius, and InfoSpace.
Moon Express is the only company in the world to have the permission to leave earth orbit and land on the moon with the goal to harvest planetary resources and to develop infrastructure to make humanity a multi-planetary society.
Viome is focused on disrupting healthcare with the goal of “making illness elective” by identifying microbial biomarkers that are predictive of chronic diseases and to adjust the microbial imbalance through personalized nutrition.
Naveen Jain a trustee of the board at the X PRIZE Foundation where he is focused on using incentive prizes to find solution t o many of the societal challenges. He recently launched a million-dollar Women Safety XPRIZE to empower the women around the world.
Naveen Jain is on the board of Singularity University where he is focused on educating and inspiring leaders to address humanity’s grand challenges through innovative technologies.
Naveen Jain has been awarded many honors for his entrepreneurial successes including “Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year”, “Albert Einstein Technology Medal” for pioneers in technology, Recipient of “Ellis Island Medal of Honor”, Most creative person” by Fast Company, “Top 50 philanthropists of 2018” by Town & Country magazine, “Humanitarian Innovation Award” at the United Nations, “Distinguished Global Thinker Award” by IILM, “Most admired Serial Entrepreneur” by Silicon India, “Top 20 Entrepreneurs” and “Lifetime Achievement Award” for the leadership by Red Herring.
Connect with Naveen Jain:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures: