$100M+ Exit – Minnie Ingersoll, Shift
Minnie Ingersoll Exited Shift for $100M+
Best Advice I Ever Received: Show up, tell the truth, hope for the best
Best Advice I’d Give To Someone Who Wants To Build A $10m+ Business: Build something people love
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Minnie Ingersoll discuss:
- The process of raising money as your business grows
- The value of a strong team
- The future of entrepreneurship and whether working toward a billion-dollar status is worth it
- Where the next big opportunities lie
- Show up, tell the truth, hope for the best
- People, product, and market- people will invest in the person if you show them your worth the investment
- Venture capital when used in the right way can be extremely beneficial for society as a whole
- Having a product and customers are vital for investors
“When there aren’t spreadsheets with years of history to look at, people are looking at people, product, and market.” — Minnie Ingersoll
About Minnie Ingersoll: Partner at TenOneTen actively investing in great teams. We are operators who invest early (pre-seed, seed, seed+) and love working with technical founders who are passionate about what they’re building.
Prior to TenOneTen, I was founder and COO at Shift, an online marketplace disrupting the $1.2T car industry by providing a better experience for buying and selling used cars. Grew to a $100M+ business and a recent Series D.
Started my career as an early product manager at Google. In my spare time, I volunteer for city government, surf baby waves, and raise baby people.
Connect with Minnie Ingersoll:
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher