$10M in Annual Revenue – TK Kader, ToutApp
TK Kader Exited Tout App for $10M+
Best Advice I Ever Received: When your race car is spinning out of control, focus on the road and the direction you want to go, not the barrier the car is spinning out into.
Best Advice I’d Give to Someone Who Wants to Build A $10m+ Business: Belief and Discipline
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and TK Kader discuss:
- How the idea of Tout came to be and how it evolved
- TK’s journey as an owner
- Key hires as the business grew
- When to know it is time to exit
- When your race car is spinning out of control, focus on the road and the direction you want to go, not the barrier the car is spinning out into.
- Sometimes things seem simple and you discount it; take a step back and look at the whole picture
- Always share your journey as the founder
- Never bet against email
“What is the core product that is generating the most revenue? What is the type of customer generating the most revenue? How do you improve the internal operations of the business?” — TK Kader
About TK Kader: TK Kader is an entrepreneur, international best-selling author, and angel investor. He believes that you can achieve anything through belief, discipline and an unstoppable strategy. TK worked at Bridgewater Associates (one of the best hedge funds in the world). He then founded ToutApp (backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Jackson Square, two of the best venture capital firms in the world). TK sold ToutApp sold to Marketo (then owned by Vista Equity Partners, one of the best private equity firms in the world) and was part of the executive team at Marketo that helped drive its transformation and eventual $4.75bn sale to Adobe. TK now leads the Unstoppable movement to help people lead more proactive lives.
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher