$20M+ in Annual Revenue – Steve Gray, Primal Labs
Steve Gray Runs Primal Labs for $20+M Annually
Best Advice I Ever Received: Be the board.
Best Advice I’d Give To Someone Who Wants To Build A $10m+ Business: Get good at marketing/sales & Read Ready, Fire, Aim
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Steve discuss:
- The role Primal Labs takes in addressing the health concerns of baby boomers.
- The starting days of Primal Labs in 2012 and its pivot point.
- The recurring revenue model and how it is working for Primal Labs.
- How the changing landscape in society affects marketing and advertising.
- Be the board.
- Learn what you can and get better at your craft from every project you do.
- Hindsight is 20/20 – pivot from where you are when you realize it is not what is working.
- When selling, it’s not just about value, it’s also about vision and where you see your company going.
“I want to sleep at night. I want to know that the marketing I do, the products I make, and what we provide as a company are good for the consumer, they’re good products, and they give a result.” — Steve Gray
About Steve Gray:
- 42, married for 20 years, with two kids. 15, & 13. Live in Allen Tx.
- Went to UT Austin and dropped out in ’97 to work as 5th employee for Cybercorp, a day trading software firm. 3 years later we were bought by Schwab for $488M.
- Went back to school to finish my degree. 5-month study abroad in Europe. Hit 13 countries and 40+ cities.
- Broke by 27 (2004). Had to go back and work for my dad.
- Full time marketing online in 2007.
- Started Primal in 2012. Crazy growth. $600K – 12, $3.5M – 13, $5.5M -14, $11M – 15, $33M – 16, $30M – 17, $20M – 18.
Connect with Steve Gray:
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher