$5B Exits – Jeff Saling, Exited 3 Companies
Jeff Saling Exited 3 Companies for $5B
Best Advice I Ever Received: Stay focused and manage your cash
Best Advice I’d Give To Someone Who Wants To Build A $10m+ Business: Stay focused and manage your cash
In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Jeff discuss:
- His professional journey through three companies that went public and were acquired.
- Lessons he learned from his first three companies and how he got started with StartUpNV.
- The business setup of StartUpNV.
- Spreading your bets when investing.
- Stay focused and manage your cash
- You don’t have to stay all the way to the end to get a payday from it.
- The importance of an early-viable product.
- You’re going to be distracted, be ready to pivot as needed, but stay focused.
“I want to stay long enough to have an impact, but not so long that I overstayed my welcome.” — Jeff Saling
About Jeff Saling:
Jeff is a start-up founder and early stage public company executive with more than 25 years’ experience. Since 1998, Jeff has been part of successful startup exits with 3 IPO’s and 1 private sale.
As an executive, Jeff’s experience includes running worldwide sales, professional services, SaaS operations, and product development. As a founder / angel, Jeff’s experience includes three B2B SaaS cloud companies and 1 business / tech incubator.
Connect with Jeff Saling:
Email: jeff @ startupnv.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/StartUp_Nevada (@StartUp_Nevada)
Connect with Steve Olsher:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/+SteveOlsher