In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Angela discuss:
- How she built her business to $3M originally with no website
- Her journey through education, into academia, and into creating The Author Incubator
- What Angela learned from her first $60K coach
- Moving from a solopreneur with 17 years of experience to a repeatable process and a company
- Be willing to suck
- Practice every single day. Do your personal growth work every single day
- However someone shows up in the sales process is how they’ll show up when you work with them
- What determines your success or failure is your commitment to serving others and actually making a difference with your message, your product, your movement
“If you only work with exemplary people, you will have exemplary case studies, which will lead more exemplary people to want to work with you.” — Dr. Angela Lauria
About Angela Lauria: Dr. Angela E. Lauria is the founder of The Author Incubator™ and creator of the Difference Process™ for writing a book that matters. In 2018, The Author Incubator was ranked #275 on the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies and #87 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Entrepreneur 360. Dr. Angela won the Stevie Award’s Coach/Mentor of the Year Award and her program, The Author’s Way was named Coaching Program of the Year and was named, by Entrepreneur Magazine, as one of the top 10 most inspiring entrepreneurs to watch – one of only 2 women on the list.
Dr. Angela has been helping people free their inner author since 1994, she has helped over 1,000 authors-in transformation write, publish, and promote their books. Her clients have been seen everywhere from Vanity Fair to O Magazine to the Today Show, and their books have been responsible for over $100 million in cumulative revenue.
She has a B.A. and an M.A. in Journalism and Media Affairs from The George Washington University and a PhD in Communications from The European Graduate School. She is the author of Make ‘Em Beg to Be Your Client: The Nonfiction Authors’ Guide to Selling, Serving, and Funding a Movement, Make ‘Em Beg to Publish Your Book: How To Reach A Larger Audience & Make A Full-Time Income In The Extremely Overcrowded World of Personal Development, The Incubated Author: 10 Steps to Start a Movement with Your Message, and The Difference: 10 Steps To Writing A Book That Matters. She lives at The Author Castle in McLean, Virginia with her son Jesse and her Castle cat Princesses Feathers & Foxy McFuzz Bucket.
Connect with Dr. Angela Lauria:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures: