In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and David discuss:
- How he started, scaled, and exited Grasshopper.
- How he attracted talented employees to the business.
- The difference between $1M and $10M in how the company ran.
- Seeing opportunities around you and taking advantage of those opportunities.
- The future of SaaS.
- Always Be Learning.
- Build people, systems and process for the current stage of the company not where you expect to be 5 years from now.
- Don’t be afraid to work with those experienced in their field as you grow and sell your business. It may cost something, but it is worth it.
- Break down your ideas into component parts, there’s something you can do now.
- Be helpful and timely in your responses to others.
“We were good at marketing and sales, and then packaging something for a certain segment of the market that other people had not done. That’s where we became very good.” — David Hauser
About David Hauser:
David Hauser is an Inc 30 under 30 Serial Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, and Speaker. He bootstrapped his company Grasshopper to $30M+ in ARR before being acquired by Citrix. David is also the Founder of Chargify, a profitable SaaS company with an investment from Mark Cuban. He’s also an angel investor in a variety of successful startups including Intercom, Unbounce, Munchery, and Groove. David is the Author of Evolve: Optimize Your Life, Body, and Mind. He shares the Framework for Optimization needed to control your evolution.
Connect with David Hauser:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures: