On today’s episode:
- Dr. Velma Trayham’s entrepreneurial journey (she’s hiring 25 new employees!)- 01:55
- Why she’s working on many different businesses instead of just one OR Why having many different businesses can be the solution you need -03:35
- Why Dr. Velma Trayham built Millionaire Mastermind Academy and has run it every single month since – 07:40
- Is everyone ready to own a business? (and an interesting definition of ownership) – 09:54
- Why your business will suffer without self-care (and why self-care is central to every entrepreneur’s success)- 12:06
- What is supplier diversity and how it can help communities get out of poverty – 14:52
- What does a community-focused legacy look like? – 19:34
- Lesson 1: How to run multiple businesses effectively – 21:04
- Lesson 2: How to use your business to help your community – 22:17
- Lesson 3: Your business is only a tool on your journey – 23:44
- Having many different initiatives does not mean you have to do all the work running all of them. All you have to do is put the right systems, processes, and people in place to make sure the business runs well.
- If you want to have many different businesses, one strategy you can adopt is to make sure that one business feeds onto the next. Dominate a space.
- “Ownership is not a pursuit, it is a result”
- Professional development and self-care are extremely important for entrepreneurs: “you cannot pour from an empty cup”.
- Working with small minority-led businesses can help communities get out of poverty.
- Whoever you are, you are brought on this earth to solve a problem.
- Money coming into small businesses flows into their communities 7x, the number is just 1.5-2x for large corporations. In short, small businesses uplift their communities financially considerably more than large corporations do.
Why sometimes having several ventures is more effective than having just one:
“When you look at ending a systemic issue, a systemic problem, and you’re looking at poverty, you need different elements in order to do that so along the journey I have been understanding what the problem is, I am not waiting on other people to provide solutions. I am actually along the way putting things in place to be the solution to the problem” – Dr. Velma Trayham
What are your pro tips for successfully running multiple businesses at the same time? Tell us in the comments and don’t forget to say hello if you would like to share your entrepreneurship story on our podcast.
Connect with Dr. Velma Trayham:
Connect with A.J.Lawrence:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures: