On today’s episode:
- Meet Russ Perry, Founder, and CEO at Design Pickle – 01:16
- Where does Russ see himself on his entrepreneurial journey today? – 03:40
- How focussing on personal growth helped Russ grow tremendously in his journey as an entrepreneur – 08:04
- How the Wake Up Program in California helped Russ push himself out of the comfort zone – 12:33
- The kind of balance you need for personal and business development (according to Russ) – 15:54
- Why Ray Dalio’s principle of making a practical list of the things you want to achieve is essential in your personal and business growth – 19:33
- How do reevaluating and resetting your goals help you to move forward? – 21:57
- Why Russ thinks unified and holistic experiences are the next big thing in the business space – 27:23
- What is the difference between the Shiny Object Syndrome and Value Continuity? – 31:08
- How Russ defines his own success as an entrepreneur (and why choosing his challenges is a big part of it) – 34:51
- Involving yourself with the right business groups can give you a wider view of what’s possible in the world. Russ went from being chained to in-person meetings to a business in the online space.
- To map out where you want to go next, ask yourself what you need to do to get there and be willing to course-correct if you’ve gotten off of the path.
- By leveling up your own personal skills, you can build a better business and be of more value to others.
- The key to setting your future state is working on your present state. A good way to do this is to make a list of the real things you want and then determine who you need to work on becoming today to set yourself up for what you want.
- Dedicating yourself to the process of self-improvement not only benefits you, but also your business, and the other people in your life.
How do your personal skills create value in business?
[11:43] – “The more that I am able to level up my own personal skills the better that I can build a business and build value to others which is really what a business is all about.” [9:00]
What is the one skill that you value most in your business? Share with us what personal skills helped you grow your business and follow Beyond 8 Figures on social media – we share a ton of helpful content there!
Connect with Russ Perry:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures:
Connect with Insights Lab: