fbpx

$13M in Annual Revenue – Steven Sashen, Xero Shoes

August 7, 2019

Steven Sashen Runs Xero Shoes for $13M

Best Advice I Ever Received: From a friend who started and sold 2 shoe companies: If someone offers you a check, TAKE IT! 

Best Advice I’d Give To Someone Who Wants To Build A $10m+ Business:  Get a government job with a pension instead 

In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Steven discuss:

  • Barefoot running and how it led to the creation of the model
  • Pride of ensuring great customer service
  • To ensure success for businesses, 90% is luck and the other 10% is luck
  • CEO role versus Founder role and their experience with the business

Key Takeaways:

  • From a friend who started and sold 2 shoe companies: If someone offers you a check, TAKE IT!
  • Key to doing equity crowd funding raise is having a crowd of raving fans
  • Followed the feedback of the customers
  • Looking for a partner instead of looking for someone to exploit them

 

“Since we are trying to change the world, we want to do the right thing for the brand and the product” — Steven Sashen

 

About Steven Sashen: 

Steven Sashen is a serial entrepreneur who has never had a job, a former professional stand up comic and award-winning screenwriter, and a competitive sprinter — one of the fastest men over 55 in the country (maybe the fastest 55+ Jew in the world!). He and his wife, Lena Phoenix, co-founded the footwear company Xero Shoes, creating “a MOVEMENT movement” which has helped hundreds of thousands of people Live Life Feet First with happy, healthy, strong feet in addictively comfortable footwear. Steven and Lena also appeared on Shark Tank, where they turned down a $400,000 offer from Kevin O’Leary.

 

Connect with Steven Sashen:

Follow Beyond 8 Figures:

Transcript

Search Episode
Find Us On Social Media

Dive Deeper With The Newsletter