In this episode, Steve, Mary, Richard, and Anik discuss:
- What initially attracted Anik to and what kept him attracted to digital marketing.
- Lessons learned in building business and the perils that came with overcomplicating things.
- His philosophy on building the company to serve, not building the company to sell.
- The importance of who you are, not who or what you know.
- An entrepreneur finds a problem, solves the problem, and creates value.
- Create value – do something that has an impact, not just something that makes money.
- Keep it simple and don’t get greedy.
- To start – get a sale – sell something – even if it’s yourself (consulting, advice, time, etc.). Get cash flow coming in.
- Communication and relationships are the keys to scaling your company.
- Learn and perfect your ability to drive traffic to your website.
- Build in more products/services/offerings to increase your LTV (lifetime value).
“I realized that I was so busy chasing things that I didn’t understand that I started to ignore the stuff that had been making money.” — Anik Singal
About Anik Singal: BusinessWeek recognized him in the Top 3 of the Best U.S. Entrepreneurs Under 25. He’s an Inc500 CEO, listed twice among the Fastest Growing Companies in America.
Anik Singal is the founder and CEO of Lurn.com and is widely considered, by the industry, as one of today’s most successful digital publishing marketers. Anik teaches people how to create their own online passion-based businesses. He guides them through his process to maximize profit and grow revenue and has trained over 250,000 students around the world.
Connect with Anik Singal:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures: