On Today’s Episode:
- Where Joseph sees himself on his own entrepreneurial journey-2:23
- The importance of pushing boundaries in business for growth. -4:48
- Recognizing boundaries in business and chances to bring your A-game. -6:23
- How to improve the process of meetings to make them more effective. -10:44
- The series of events that have made the biggest impact on Joseph’s career as an entrepreneur. -13:05
- What a good business coach can do for you. -16:05
- The process Joseph’s company uses to find the right people and train them to perform and succeed. -18:50
- The power of forming a peer group or network when job searching and how Joseph provides that for his customers. -23:15
- The difference between direct hires for companies and Uvaro members. -26:11 ● How Uvaro gives members an advantage when transitioning into the tech industry. -28:17
- The new set of problems businesses are seeing and what we need to pay attention to. -30:27
- How Joseph defines success in his business. -32:45
- As entrepreneurs, sometimes we need to strategically pump the breaks so that the
- outcome is stronger, especially when hiring. Paying extra attention to the details will help you focus on the qualities you need in an ideal candidate.
- To have more effective team meetings, go into them with a specific outcome in mind and plan accordingly. This will help you stay on task and complete the meeting in a timely manner.
- Sometimes it’s the negative interactions that make you a better entrepreneur and leader because they end up being learning experiences.
- A network or circle can be a huge benefit for your employees because they get support and build long-lasting careers.
- As entrepreneurs, we must pay attention to societal or economic realignments going on in the world so that we can adjust and come up with new opportunities.
Empowering our employees to succeed is a key component of retention. Pushing boundaries and finding new ways to do things is a great way to do this.
[4:51] “I like to play with those edges and push those boundaries. Sometimes you fall, but sometimes you surprise yourself with greatness.”
How do you inspire greatness in your employees?
Tell us in the comments, and don’t forget to say hello
if you would like to share your entrepreneurship story on our podcast.
Connect with Joseph Fung:
Follow Beyond 8 Figures:
Connect with Insights Lab: